Compassionate & Aggressive Representation
Never a Cold ‘Divorce Factory’
We know you have many choices when it comes to choosing a Divorce Lawyer or Family Law Attorney to represent you on Long Island. There are large, divorce “factories” that have dozens of lawyers, paralegals, assistants and other staff and there are small general practice attorneys that handle divorce as a tiny percentage of cases among other practice areas like bankruptcy, criminal law, real estate, etc. At Robert E. Hornberger, P.C., we focus only on Divorce and Family Law in Nassau County and Suffolk County, NY.
Unique Success for our Long Island Clients
The law firm of Robert E. Hornberger, P.C., is uniquely different from other law firms you may consider for your divorce or family law representation. We are client focused and justifiably proud of our accomplished record of representing Long Islanders like you in the Nassau County and Suffolk County Family Court System. We provide the personal care and service of a small firm with the experience and resources of a larger firm and a success rate second to none.
The difference is in our client care. We treat every client as if they were our only client and a member of our family. Our focus is on education to help you make the best decisions for you now, and for your future. You are in control of your case every step of the way. We won’t proceed without you understanding the ramifications of your decisions. We take the word “counselor” to heart. We educate and counsel you, advise you of your options, provide you with the advantage of our experience and make recommendations, but ultimately, you call the shots.
Helping You Make the Best Decisions for You & Your Family
We understand that this can be a highly emotional time for you and that nobody makes the best long-term decisions when they are under stress. While being sympathetic and compassionate, we help to shine the sometimes harsh light of the truth and facts of your case so that you can make the best decisions for you and your family for the long term.
Client Care & Education in Nassau & Suffolk
What We’re Not
- We are not a huge, cold “Divorce Factory” where your case will be handled by a junior associate or paralegal, but charged top counsel rates.
- We are not generalist or “Jack of all trades” attorneys who only handle divorce as a small fraction of our practice. Divorce and Family Law is all we do, every day.
- We are not solely Negotiators or Litigators only who will steer you into the type of divorce that is best (most profitable) for the firm, but not necessarily what’s best for you and your unique situation.
What We Are
- Experience: Negotiation, Litigation, Mediation, Collaboration. We’ve been doing this a long time, so we know the idiosyncrasies of each Court Official and Other Attorneys practicing in Nassau & Suffolk County, NY.
- Senior Partner Attention: You will be served by a senior partner always, not some junior associate or paralegal.
- 24/7/365 Access: You can call us whenever you have a question or concern. We employ a 24-hour pager service and return all calls within 24 hours, day or night.
- Attention to Detail: Our fine attention to detail has uncovered numerous small details opposing counsel missed, saving our clients thousands of dollars.
- Record of Success: We successfully protect the interest of Long Islanders just like you in their Family Law and Divorce cases every day and have been doing so for over a decade.
- Aggressive. We aggressively pursue a course of action to achieve our clients’ goals. Whether through negotiation, litigation, or a combination of both, we will not rest until we achieve your reasonable goals. When in Court, we are not afraid to go toe-to-toe with your spouse’s attorney in front of a judge.
- Compassionate. We care about what’s best for you, your children and your unique situation, not our ego or personal reputation.
- Connected. We have relationships with numerous industry experts to advise or testify on your behalf — Accountants, Psychologists, Financial Planners, etc. — and also know the likes/dislikes, preferences of the Nassau and Suffolk County judges, court clerks and other family law attorneys we may be working with so we can present the best case to them for you.
- Educated. While every attorney has passed the bar exam, we are committed to continual education on all aspects of Divorce and Family Law and are active participants in many leading- edge legal groups and organizations.
- Partnership. We view our relationship as a partnership. We will not take over your case and keep you in the dark like some other attorneys. You will be actively involved in every aspect of your case. We will educate you on the issues and offer our recommendations, but you will make the final decisions on our approach to your representation.
- Client Education. We understand that this is likely your first experience with divorce, while it is our life’s work every day. We will educate you on every aspect of your case from beginning to end and welcome your questions at any time. We are firm believers that the only “stupid question” is the one that remains unasked.
If this sounds like the type of representation that is best for you, contact us today at 631-923-1910 for a free consultation to determine the best way to represent you in your Divorce or Family Law case.
Client Care & Education in Nassau & Suffolk
The law firm of Robert E. Hornberger, P.C. is conveniently located between Nassau County and Suffolk County in Melville, Long Island, New York
Visit us at:
445 Broadhollow Road (Route 110)
Melville, NY 11747
between Exit 49S off the LIE and Exit 40S of the Northern State Parkway.
CALL 24/7 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
- AFFORDABLE REPRESENTATION
- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS BY APPOINTMENT