BEST DIVORCE LAWYER
NOMINATED 2014, 2015 & 2016
COMPLEX DIVORCE LITIGATION
Select a link below for more information.
Select a link below for more information.
PRACTICES AREAS OF OUR LONG ISLAND DIVORCE LAW FIRM
Learn More ....
OUR EXPERIENCED, COMPASSIONATE LEGAL STAFF IS HERE TO HELP
Long Island Divorce Lawyer: Custom Solutions for You
Experienced Long Island Divorce Attorney Successfully, Affordably & Aggressively Represents Complex & Simple Family Law Cases in Nassau & Suffolk Counties
The Long Island Divorce Attorney Law firm of Robert E. Hornberger, Esq., P.C. serves clients throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County with the finest representation for their divorce or family law matters. Our mid-sized company is neither a boutique, high-end law firm with exorbitant rates, nor a “divorce factory”, churning out impersonal divorce papers day-after-day with little concern for its clients. We are a family law firm that cares about every one of our clients and works hard to get them the best results possible.
Recognized for Caring, Compassionate Solutions for All Long Island Divorce & Family Law Clients
Built upon caring, compassionate concern for you and your family, our firm has been appropriately lauded by our clients and our peers by providing solutions that fit the needs of our clients, whether that’s flat-fee Uncontested Divorce, low-cost Divorce Mediation for amicable spouses, or aggressive litigation for more complex cases.
Complimentary Consultation in Clean, Comfortable Offices Convenient to Nassau & Suffolk County Residents
We welcome you to visit our convenient, centrally located office on the border of Nassau County and Suffolk County in Melville, NY for a complimentary consultation with an experienced attorney. We will listen carefully to your unique circumstances and custom-tailor an appropriate solution for you and your family to help you get through this brief period of turmoil to move on to your life after divorce.
Experience, Resources & a Track Record of Success for Simple & Complex Divorce Cases throughout Long Island, New York
With nearly 40 years of combined experience on our family law staff, we have the knowledge, experience, resources and a track record of success ensuring a positive outcome for both simple and complex divorce and family law cases throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, Long Island, NY.
Affordable, Low-Cost Legal Solutions for You & Your Family
Flat Fees for Uncontested Divorce on Long Island
If you and your spouse are in agreement on all aspects of your divorce settlement we can skillfully guide you through your uncontested divorce for one low flat fee. We’ll ensure everything is covered and help you complete and process all your divorce paperwork quickly and affordably.
Long Island Divorce Mediation for Amicable Partners
When you still have issues to revolve with your spouse, but you are able to cooperate and work together, we can help guide you and your spouse to craft a settlement that works for all parties. Divorce mediation is an affordable, quick method of alternative dispute resolution that saves time, stress and money and often results in more open lines of communication during and after the divorce.
Aggressive Representation for Complex Litigation in Nassau & Suffolk Counties
Sometimes there’s just no way out of litigating your divorce in a Nassau County or Suffolk County court. If you have to go to court, you want to be represented by an attorney that has the skills, experience and resources to protect your rights and assets as well those of your children. Litigated divorce cases can become very complex. Our experienced divorce attorneys aggressively litigate complex cases in Nassau County and Suffolk County courts on a daily basis. We understand the intricacies of New York’s equitable distribution laws and will protect your financial interests to the fullest extent of the law. We know the strengths and weaknesses of opposing attorneys, and the preferences of judges and court staff and will use that experience to ensure you get the best outcome possible in your unique circumstances. When you have to fight, you want the aggressive representation of Robert E. Hornberger, Esq., P.C. in your corner.
Keys to Our Success for Our Long Island Neighbors
- Compassion. We understand this is a tumultuous time for you and your family and we’ll work to help make this major life transition as smooth as possible. Every case is unique and personal to us and we will work to resolve your case as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Aggressiveness. When you need an aggressive family law attorney who is going to fight for your rights as if they were our own, you want the divorce lawyers at Robert E. Hornberger. Esq., P.C. No matter how many cases we have handled, each one is personal to us and we will work as hard we can to get you the best results.
- Knowledge. We are in Nassau County and Suffolk County courtrooms every day. We know the intricacies and attitudes of every judge and every attorney and will use that knowledge to your benefit. We are committed to staying on top of the latest legal decisions in New York, and especially as it’s practiced on Long Island. We provide regular, noteworthy advice in our weekly divorce law blog articles to provide you with the latest developments in Long Island divorce law. We’ve even published a book with all the information you need to know before you hire a divorce lawyer. Download the “Guide to New York Divorce: What You Need to Know Before Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in New York” by Robert E. Hornberger, Esq.
- Experience. There’s no substitute for experience. You need both the current knowledge of the law and the experience for how to apply that knowledge to get the best results.
- Determination. It’s simple: we don’t like to lose. It’s a point of personal and corporate pride to not let another attorney get the better of us, including attorneys who try to drag out the process to drive up their fees. We know you want to put this experience behind you and we will do everything in our power to resolve your case as quickly as possible. You can have confidence that we’ll do everything in our power to get you the best deal to protect your rights today, and for your future.
- Individual Attention to Detail. The devil is in the details. This is law, after all. It’s critical that every “t” is crossed and every “i” is dotted to ensure your divorce agreement will stand up over time. Perfection is a discipline instilled by our founder and reinforced every day.
A Leader in Long Island Divorce Law
Robert E. Hornberger, Esq., our firm’s founder, is a leader in many aspects of Long Island divorce law. He is an active participant in the legal community, including the New York State, Nassau County and the Suffolk County Bar Associations, where he is a member and contributor to the Alternative Dispute Resolution committee. A director of the Collaborative Law Association of New York, Inc., Mr. Hornberger actively promotes helping couples separate or divorce with greater respect, less cost, increased privacy and skilled legal representation out-of-court whenever possible.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation with a Long Island Divorce Lawyer
Whether you need a low-cost Uncontested Divorce, low-stress affordable Divorce Mediation, or aggressive Divorce Litigation, the Long Island divorce lawyers and family law attorneys at Robert E. Hornberger, Esq., P.C. are available to represent your interests compassionately, affordably and aggressively. Contact us today at 631-923-1910 for a free divorce consultation or fill out the short form on this page and we’ll get right back to you. You’ll be glad you did.
FREE GUIDE TO LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK DIVORCE
What You Need to Know Before Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in New York
As a Long Island Divorce Attorney with 15 years of experience, I know how scary and complicated this unknown process of divorce can be. My job is not only to fight for the rights of my clients in and out of court, but to help make a naturally stressful process just a little less stressful. My free, 41-page “Guide to New York Divorce: What You Need to Know Before Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in New York” provides you with real information on the divorce process and the laws it rests upon in the State of New York. After reading this book, you will be able to meet with your divorce attorney confidently, with the right expectations, knowing the right questions to ask and well-prepared for the road that lies ahead.
In This Guide You’ll LEARN …
- How to Know if It’s Time for a Divorce
- Divorce or Legal Separation: Which is Right for Me?
- What are the Grounds for Divorce in New York State?
- How to Find the Right Divorce Lawyer
- What Are Your Child Custody Options
- The Ins & Outs of Child Support on Long Island
- Do I Have to Pay Spousal Maintenance?
- How Does ‘Equitable Distribution’ Effect My Divorce?
- What Other Options Do I Have to End My Marriage?
- How Do I Move On & Enjoy a Healthy Life After My Long Island Divorce?
LONG ISLAND DIVORCE NEWS FROM OUR BLOG
Long Island Divorce Attorney Explains Issues of Pet Custody in Nassau County and Suffolk County Divorces
Pet Custody in New York: Who Keeps the Family Pet After Divorce?
As a divorce attorney practicing on Long Island I am not surprised by the frequency with which I meet with Nassau County and Suffolk County couples who are concerned with who will get custody of the family pet after their divorce. read more…
As a Divorce Lawyer on Long Island, I understand that legal same-sex marriage is relatively new on Long Island, and that many people in these relationships have questions about what to expect should they need to get divorced. read more…
Parent Relocation and Child Custody in New York
As a Long Island Child Custody Attorney practicing in Nassau County and Suffolk County, NY, I see first-hand how when one divorced parent wishes to relocate, it is often a source of great stress to both the children and parents alike. read more…